Pieters Family Life Center
It’s our privilege to welcome back guests to the Pieters Family Life Center. The safety of our customers, visitors and employees is of the utmost importance, and we’ve worked hard at implementing enhanced safety measures aligned with both CDC COVID-19 recommendations and New York State guidelines. These practices will be updated as recommendations and guidelines change.
Visiting the Pieters Family Life Center
- Everyone who enters the Pieters Family Life Center is required to wear a mask that fully covers their mouth and nose. This includes during use of fitness equipment or participation in group exercise classes, per New York State guidelines. You may remove your mask if participating in an aquatic class.
- Everyone must enter through our main sliding doors in the front of the building.
- Everyone must sanitize their hands at the sanitizing station when they enter the building.
- Everyone must complete a COVID screening, which includes a survey and temperature check.
- Drinking fountains and locker rooms are not available for use.
- CDC-approved disinfectants are used to sanitize the building every two hours or as needed.
In the Fitness Room
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times.
- Fitness room users are asked to use the supplied disinfectant on machines after use.
- Please follow the dedicated entrance and exit signs.
- The fitness room has been reconfigured to ensure proper physical distancing and capacity guidelines.
- The maximum capacity of the fitness room is six people.
- Please, no guests. Exceptions are made if you need another person to assist you.
- There is a one-hour time limit in the fitness room.
In the HydroWorx Pool
- The pool is currently available for physical therapy and individual water walking classes.
- Locker rooms and showers are not available. You’ll be assigned an individual changing room.
- Changing rooms will be disinfected between use.
- Please shower before arriving.
- Please only enter the pool room when instructed to do so by your instructor.
- Please do not congregate in the pool hallway.
- Given the nature of the pool environment, you may remove your mask while in the pool.
We’re Stronger Together
It’s the little, individual actions we all take that will make our communities safe during this pandemic. The same holds true for the environment here at the Life Center. Here are ways you can contribute to the safety of our community and facility:
- If you’re sick, stay home. If you have symptoms related to COVID-19, stay home. If someone in your household is sick, stay home.
- Wear your mask.
- Practice physical distancing at all times.
- Be kind and compassionate toward each other — we all continue to experience stress and uncertainty.
- Wash your hands.
- When you’re done with your workout or your class, please don’t congregate and mingle.
- Please respect physical distancing markers and don’t congregate around the front desk.
If you have any questions about our practices, please contact the director, Andrew Little, at (585) 487-3503.